Thursday, November 10, 2011

Southern China- Film

I took a film camera to China as well and never got around to posting any of the shots. So here they are. These are of Yangshuo.

One 22 hour train ride, 2 hour bus ride, and taxi later we made it from Shanghai to Yangshuo. After showering and eating our first meal in over a day (all the food on the train was sketchy and we didn't bring anything) David and I went to explore. This picture is from the first view I had of the river. It was breathtaking.

To get from out hostel to the city we'd go on this road with a pavilion. I came to love this covered walk way- whether it was sheltering us from pouring rain, trying to get through the crowds of people when the ships would come in, or buying a chocolate ice cream bar from the little boy at a shop.

 China was an amazing adventure, and when I talk about it I can't really believe that I went there. I'm so thankful for the opportunity I had.


This last photo was a picture taken from a balcony of the hostel we all stayed at. It was nice eating breakfast next to such an amazing view.






No comments:

Post a Comment